H1 heading tags have been used for search engine optimisation purposes for decades now. It is among the first things that SEOs started using to highlight important keywords and inform search engines what a web page is about.
H1 heading tags are still used as one of the key things to optimize on a web page.
However, its use has some confusion. More specifically, there is an argument over how many H1 heading tags can be used on a web page. There is also some doubt regarding its importance and whether or not Google still uses the H1 heading tag to determine what a web page is about.
In this article, we will:
- Discuss more about the H1 heading tag and its uses,
- Share results of a recent survey by SEO professionals indicating their opinions on how to use the H1 tag,
- See what Google has to say about the H1 heading tag, and
- Share our recommendation on what you should do in case you are not sure.
Let’s begin. (more…)
Back in November 2016, Google introduced mobile-first indexing. As per this significant change, Google started using the mobile version of a website’s content to rank pages from that site, display snippets in the SERPs, and understand structured data.
In simpler words, mobile-indexing means Google crawls your site from the perspective of a mobile browser and uses that mobile version for indexing and ranking the site in the SERPs. (more…)
Welcome to our 16 chapter, 13,000 word guide to Local SEO. We believe this is the most comprehensive Local SEO guide on the ‘net.
Please read through at your leisure, or download the PDF version of this guide here.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Local SEO
- Google My Business Setup and Optimisation
- Bing Places Setup and Optimisation
- Keyword Research for Local SEO
- On-Page SEO Best Practices for Local SEO
- How to Create Schema Tags & Place It On Your Website
- The Definitive List of Local SEO Ranking Factors
- Local Citations
- Optimising To Rank In Local Map Pack Results
- Building Credibility and Reviews
- Backlink Building Strategies for Local SEO
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console Setup
- How to Run a Local SEO Audit On Your Website
- How To Audit Your Competitor’s SEO
- How To Track The Progress Of Your Local SEO Campaign
- Bringing It All Together